2014 is nearly done and what an amazing year for the Cairns Mountain Bike Club. Here are some statistics for those of you who enjoy this type of info.
Events run by or with support from the Cairns Mountain Bike Club in 2014
- Round 2 of the UCI World Cup presented by Shimano
- 21st running on the RRR Mountain Bike Challenge with nearly 500 entries – (May 2014)
- 3 x Rounds of the Cross Country (XCO) Race Series supported by Pump N Pedals
- 4 x Rounds of the Downhill (DHI) Series supported by Discovery Cycles
- 4 x Rounds of the Enduro Series supported by Discovery Cycles
- The Cardwell MTB Marathon in support of the 150 year celebrations of the Cardwell community.
- The final round of the National Gravity Enduro Series by Rocky Trail Entertainment
- The Gravitate MTB Festival with Pony X, Dual Slalom, Pump Track, All Day Downhill, Kids XC and Jump Jam events
- The 20th Edition of the Crocodile Trophy with support from the club for Stages 1 and 2
- Several Junior Development Days
- Womens specific skill clinics and social days
- A Social weekend combining resources from Cairns, Mareeba and Atherton to promote the awesome riding that is available in this region.
Event and Competitor Statistics
- 28 Official events held throughout the year
- Not including the RRR, there were over 300 unique competitors in club run events across all disciplines
- Only 12% of competitors completed all 3 (XC) or 4 (DH and Enduro) races in the series they nominated in.
- Only 4 competitors competed and completed a race in each of the disciplines, XC, DH and Enduro in the 2014 club series.
Congratulations to the series podium places and to all those who competed in an event in 2014. Below are the series points tally for the 3 disciplines of XC, DH and Enduro. If you are looking for results from other races, check out the Events menu on this site and where you see “Results -” as the name of the entry, this will include a link to results from each event.
2015 is set to be another big year, maybe not as big as 2014, but stay tuned for a calendar of events to keep you well entertained and out there enjoying mountain biking.