DH Round 4 – Kuranda
Sun 20 Oct, 2019
RACE 4 – KURANDA DH
WE NEED PLENTY OF HELPERS TO MAKE THIS RACE HAPPEN, IF YOU BRING A HELPER YOU WILL GET A $25 DISCOUNT
THEY WILL ONLY BE REQUIRED TO HELP FOR 3 HOURS, STAND ON COURSE WITH A RADIO
The race we have all been waiting for! We are super excited to bring you the long-awaited, first ever club official event held on the Kuranda DH to round out the 2019 Discovery Cycles DH Series!
This track is long and rough, being more suited to downhill bikes. It it is fine to ride on a enduro bike however there are some pretty wild sections down this track that need caution!
Trying to keep it OG; The official race will run the following sections:
– Drop into the top corners at the signed trailhead
– Fast road to powerline/bunnings left hand berm
– Take the high left exit into the singletrack coming out at the bottom of the steep chute
– Hard right turn into little jump twisty stuff, then follow the fast road into forest
– Usual tight corners dropping onto the road and back into single track
– Big steps section exiting onto road again
– Go straight on to the old rock steps/rock garden ( dont take the tight twisty switch backs ) coming out at top of mad-dog
– Follow the left-hand line beside mad-dog coming out at the bottom and go straight to single track corners
– Take the right hand line into the small jumps all the way to the end and cross the road back into singletrack at the tight left hand
– Follow singltrack down into the hip jump
– Continue (pedal, pedal!!) up the rise and stay on the road over the waterbar, through the jumps and all the way into the high speed berm
– Finish at the sign before dropping into bottom forest section
Race format / details:
Plate collection from 8-8:30am
riders briefing at 8:30am
2 x practice shuttles
2 x timed race runs
EVENT RULES // MUST READ
This is the first time we have been able to officially race this track so there are rules we must follow as not only are we on a public road – we are on full display to the public!
# ALL RIDES MUST FOLLOW ALL ROAD RULES WHEN ON THE ROAD NO. CUTTING ACROSS THE ROAD OUTSIDE OF A DESIGNATED PEDESTRIAN CROSSING
# TO ACCESS THE SHUTTLE UPLIFT / EVENT SITE YOU MUST CROSS AT THE LIGHTS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE RANGE
# SINGLE FILE RIDING DOWN THE ROAD, NO WHEELIES OR MANUALS OR SWERVING OUTSIDE OF THE BIKE LANE. YOU MUST HAVE FULL CONTROL AT ALL TIMES
# DO NOT EXIT THE TRAIL AT SPEED, THE RACE FINISHES ABOVE THE FOREST SO IT IS NOT NEEDED
# ONLY SHUTTLE DRIVERS TO UNLOAD THE BIKES
# EXIT SHUTTLE CAR AND HOP OVER GUARD RAIL STRAIGHT AWAY. DO NOT MOVE AROUND ONTO THE DRIVER-SIDE OF THE SHUTTLE VEHICLE AT THE LOOKOUT
# TMR / ROADTEK DEPOT CANNOT BE BLOCKED. CARS WILL BE ASKED TO MOVED ON IF IT IS FULL
** THIS IS A PUBLIC ACCESS TRACK SO WE WILL NOT BE OFFERING SATURDAY PRACTICE, GET TOGETHER WITH YOUR MATES AND SESSION/PRACTICE IT ON SATURDAY BEFORE THE EVENT***
+++ Hike & bike Adventure Tours will be running shuttles on the Saturday from 1pm-4pm, contact 0477 774 443 to book yourself a spot. Sports are limited! +++
Event site Details:
We will be setup at the TMR depot. At the bottom of the range on the left hand side after the Canopys Edge traffic lights.
Parking will be very limited at the event site. We suggest you drop off any pit gear and go park your car at the Smithfiled shopping centre or in Canpoys Edge around the corner.
Don’t forget, there will be prize money at end of the 2019 race series! You need to have completed 3 races to be in the running for prize money!
Prize money and trophies will be handed out at the CLUB AGM IN NOVEMBER (date TBA) you will need to be there to collect!
Click Trail / Stage icons to reveal details & elevation chart