XC Round 1
Location: Atherton Forest Mountain Bike Park
Host Club: Tablelands Cycle Sports
Registration entries open from the 21st January up until 12.00PM the day prior to the start of the event.
Course Map: See course map below. The loop is Trail 1 with a short section of Trail 6. Please note: The final 1km section of the course may change to Trail 15, this will be confirmed on Saturday when it is marked out.
Course Distance: 5.5km with 60m elevation per lap. A relatively flat and fast course and in good condition too.
Location: Trailhead on the Herberton Range Ridge Road, just past the Atherton Gun Club. Parking will be on both sides of the road leading up to the trailhead.
Presentations: 11.15AM or earlier if all riders have finished.
Estimation of Target Race Time:
From MTBA Club Regulations – Technical Regulations PDF
|Class||Target race time (h:mm)|
|Elite Men & Women||1.20 – 2.00|
|Expert Men & Women||1.20 – 2.00|
|U23 Men & Women||1.15 – 1.30|
|Masters 1 & 2 Men & Women||1:15 – 1:30|
|Masters 3 & 4 Men & Women||1.15 – 1.30|
|Masters 5 & 6 Men & Women||1.00 – 1.15|
|Masters 7+ Men & Women||1.00 – 1.15|
|U 19 Men & Women||1.00 – 1.15|
|U 17 Men & Women||1.00 – 1.15|
|U 15 Men & Women||0.45 – 1.00|
• The format for each race will be XCO (Cross Country Olympic) with course distances and times as close to regulations as practical.
• The series will consist of 5 rounds, with points awarded for each round. The winner will be the highest points after 5 rounds.
• To be eligible for an overall podium, riders must complete at least 2 rounds of the series
• General Rules for the series will be following the Mountain Bike Australia (MTBA) Technical Regulations: Club / Regional Level Events (1 July 2018)
$44 For Elite and all senior categories
$11 for Under 13, 15 and 17
The following race categories will be used for the 2019 series. These are a change to previous years and in line with the latest MTBA technical regulations Ages for all categories will be determined as at 31st May 2019. This will ensure you can race the same category for all races in the series.
Results for each event will be published on Race Result website at my.raceresult.com. Live Timing may be available during a race, depending on mobile coverage at the race venue. The format of the published results will include:
1. Category and Overall Results
2. Results with Lap Times
3. Individual Lap Records
Series Results will be published separately and updated prior to the start of each round.