XC Round 2
XC Round 2
Location: Cardwell State Forest
Host Club: Cassowary Coast Multisport Club
Registration entries open from the 21st January up until 12.00PM (midday) the day prior to the start of the event.
Course Map: See course map below.
Course Distance: 7.7km with 130m climbing per lap.
Course Description: Same course used for the 2018 XC event. The course is in great condition and ready for racing. A mix of flat out fire road, and awesome single track with plenty of room for passing. Add in short pinch climbs, gully crossings and rolling drops with different line choices, this makes for a great racing loop.
Location: The race will be held at the at the Cardwell Sportsground off Gregory Street, Cardwell. Cardwell is a 2.5 hour drive south of Cairns and just over 2 hours North of Townsville.
Rider Brief : 8:45AM
Presentations: 11.15AM or earlier if all riders have finished.
• The format for each race will be XCO (Cross Country Olympic) with course distances and times as close to regulations as practical.
• The series will consist of 5 rounds, with points awarded for each round. The winner will be the highest points after 5 rounds.
• To be eligible for an overall podium, riders must complete at least 2 rounds of the series
• General Rules for the series will be following the Mountain Bike Australia (MTBA) Technical Regulations: Club / Regional Level Events (1 July 2018)
$44 For Elite and all senior categories
$11 for Under 13, 15 and 17
The following race categories will be used for the 2019 series. These are a change to previous years and in line with the latest MTBA technical regulations Ages for all categories will be determined as at 31st May 2019. This will ensure you can race the same category for all races in the series.
Results for each event will be published on Race Result website at my.raceresult.com. Live Timing may be available during a race, depending on mobile coverage at the race venue. The format of the published results will include:
1. Category and Overall Results
2. Results with Lap Times
3. Individual Lap Records
Series Results will be published separately and updated prior to the start of each round.