The Cairns Mountain Bike Club/ Gravitate Mountain Bike Festival will be rolling around again for 2016 on the 14 October to 23 October. This coincides with the Croc Trophy that starts on the 22nd.
Gravitate will run over two weekends. A provisional run down of events is as below.
Friday 14th- Evening
• PM: MTB Night Criterium, FAMILY Night skills/social ride in Mareeba at the new Mareeba Skills Park. Race 1 of a 2 race Gravitate Series.
• Dawn to Dusk Downhill.
• PM Mareeba Skills Clinic and kids and night social ride and socialising.
• DH Race Cairns World Cup Course (8aM-2pM)
• Jumps daytime, Rebirth of the Jungle Bowl and Pumptrack. (3pm-8pm)
• AM: Morning Social ride Black mountain road to the Bump. Pick up at Smithfield MTB Park, shuttle to Blackmountain road then ride to Craiglea via the Bump and then shuttle back to Smithfield.
Friday 21st PM Evening:
• PM: Night Urban MTB Criterium race (Fogerty Park) in conjunction with Croc trophy rider presentations. Race 2 of 2 race Gravitate Series.
• AM: Junior/Senior Skills Smithfield
• Midday: Stage 1 Croc Trophy – includes Gravitate Taste of Croc race (Stage 1,2,7,8 only).
• AM: Stage 2 Croc includes Gravitate Taste of the Croc (Stage 1,2,7,8 only).
• AM: Enduro – 5 stages, Smithfield.
**NOTE TASTE OF THE CROC: Provides the option to also ride stages 7 and 8, the final two stages finishing on the beach with the Croc Trophy riders.
TASTE of the CROC is stages 1,2,7,8 or stages 1,2 together only or stages 7,8 together only.